The last time Houston hosted the Super Bowl the New England Patriots defeated the Carolina Panthers 32-29 in 2004. As Houston looks forward to hosting it again this year, many local businesses wait with great anticipation for the boom in local business it always brings. This year’s estimate is $350,000,000.00 net economic impact. On the other hand, you don’t have to own a business to benefit from the event. If you own your own home, there could be a lot of money on the table for renting to fans coming into town. Consider the following reasons to rent your house for Super Bowl LI.
The 2017 Super Bowl Opportunity
Everyone loves making extra money. The opportunity to capitalize on the influx of Super Bowl fans doesn’t come around all that often. Don’t let it pass you by this year. Consider the following reasons why you may want to rent out your house for the 2017 Super Bowl:
- 140,000 visitors are expected to come to Houston and everyone will be looking for somewhere to stay.
- Houston real estate is booming, not just for sellers, but for renters too. It couldn’t be coming at a better time for the renter’s market.
- Hotels are close to sold out, leaving fans looking for other alternative housing options.
- Your location might make you a prime option for fans looking to be as close to the action as possible.
- Your house could go for thousands per night depending on its location and size. You can also make substantial money just renting out a room. Easy money!
Use a Licensed Agent
You may be tempted to try to rent your house out on your own using a peer to peer app or simply doing it online. Before doing that, ask yourself these three questions: What is your time worth? Do you have adequate marketing resources? And, what is the probability you will be successful? A licensed real estate agent will take the time to market your property, answer phone calls, and emails, and show your property to potential renters. He or she has multiple options for marketing your property beyond Craigslist and other online services. He or she will screen potential renters, prepare all the lease documents, and ensure a smooth, seamless process. Using a licensed real estate agent will increase your odds of finding a renter significantly, and at a lower cost when factoring in your time.
Make Some Extra Money by Renting Your House
Who knows when another opportunity like the 2017 Super Bowl will come to Houston area homeowners. This is only the 3rd Super Bowl Houston has ever hosted, the first being in 1974 and the second in 2004. This could be a great time for you to make some extra cash. Substantia Realty is your Houston area real estate resource. Contact Us for more information or help with how to get started on the process of renting out your house for Super Bowl LI.